Thursday, August 4, 2011

My first operation in my life~

wow, have the title scared you? I'm just fine, don't worry ya~

What operation I have done?
It actually was a minor operation which called Incisional and Drainage (I&D).

Why do I need the operation? Why I need it?
Because I have an abscess on some part of my body.

Abscess? What is it?
It is a growth like "nana", and it is really hurt, of coarse is painful. It was annoying as you can feel the pain all the while.
I think picture speaks better than me..
Of coarse this is not my abscess, mine is more sever than this. My abscess depth 3cm width more than 50cent. It sounds scary?

The surgeon just give a cut in the middle of abscess and drain out all the pus, ofcoarse this procedure is really hurt and painful, therefore I'm under general anesthesia means I have knock out. I actually can't feel anything, that's why I said it was a simple procedure. Just that after the operation i got a hole therefore I have to do dressing to promote wound healing. And please don't anxious about there would be a hole because your skin will regenerate new tissue and at last new tissue will cover the hole. Everything will be fine!

I think I have explain enough about the procedure, now I would like to say about my feelings.
On the first day of discover the abscess, I thought that was an ant bite as usual I always bitten by ants in my room, and it was just not pain, then I take it easy, go for work as usual.

On the second day, my pain has risen, and I find the abscess become bigger and more redness and swelling. I started to become anxious and nervous, I'm afraid of surgery is needed, I do not know what I should do, I just pray it was not so severe. Finally, I thought God hear my pray, as it really become smaller! Then I went to work as well with a happy mood.

On the third day, the abscess really gone very worst, and pain until i cant sleep whole night, but I still do not want to see doctor, I still go to work. I was paining for the whole day. After work, I really can't take the pain anymore, I told my roomates, they were so shock and force me to see doctor immediately, so then I went to see medical officer. He wanted me to be admitted immediately and do operation on next day. I was, "WHAT?! surgery? admit? I DON'T WANT!" Then, he referred me to a surgeon and I still tell him, I want to work on tomorrow morning, please make appointment on afternoon. I was really a bad and naughty girl. Then he also no choice, just make appointment at afternoon. I really can't sleep throughout the night.

On the forth day, it gone worst again! I was so scared and worried about the abscess. I'm working, so uncomfortable, I keep sitting down, once I sit down, staffs called me to do things, so painful, and somemore that morning code blue!The first code blue in my life! OMG >,,<!

At last, I went to see doctor, I was still anxious about it. Doctor asked me to be admitted immediately and he will organize a threatre for my operation. Then my mom came as well cause I'm admitted to ward, staffs, CI and seniors suprise that I'm admitted. Then, things really happen in 15mins after I admitted. Just 15 mins I was in OT waiting to be knock out and do operation. I like the anesthetist, he really funny, he jokes around and make me relax.

He gave me something to inhale and I slowly no feelings and knocked out totally. Seems it was just a little while then people called me to wake up, but I felt so drowsy, I was so blur. I have been sent to recovery room to be observe, after a little while, I was still drowsy, but they said I
can go back to ward.

After a while in the ward, I was wake up, and I forget to mention the most excited part is, I was having the first day of period!!! IT WAS A PIECE OF SHYT!!!

I really don't like operation, and the worst part is I have to do flushing and packing.. T.T It was extremely painful! >,< 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, now i tell my feelings...at first i heard you say just had an operation, that time i was really shocked @.@
    Then i know that your wound will be healed so soon, because i'll be there for you, missing you >,<
    And I'll pray for you, 祝你早日康复,健健康康~

    ReplyDelete